This training program develops the work skills and knowledge required to supervise, coach or mentor an apprentice.
Essential work skills
Participants attending this training program shall learn the following work skills:
- Develop an supervision plan that complies with Australian Apprenticeships and other government requirements
- Establish supervision arrangements
- Maintain relationship with the training provider
- Monitor the apprentice’s progression
- Evaluate effectiveness of the supervision arrangements.
The duration of the standard training program is one day. The supervisor of apprentices may also require other essential work skills covered by other training programs; for example:
The skills and knowledge learnt at a training program must be applied in the workplace. Each participant shall receive an invitation to a coaching session, half day group session or a follow up visit in their workplace. The agenda for this session or visit may include advice about skills application in the workplace, skills assessment and coaching.
Competency standard alignment
Australia’s VET system provides a comprehensive framework for the development of work skills. This training program is aligned to: TAEDEL404 Mentor in the workplace.
Combine this with other training programs that have been designed to support performance-based workforce development:
- Workforce development planning and budgeting
- Performance manager
- Workplace assessor
- Workplace trainer
- Apprentice supervisor
- Change agent
Do you need to improve performance in your workplace? Do you need assistance with your workforce development and training?