This training program develops the work skills and knowledge required to develop and facilitate the implementation of performance management processes, and to coordinate individual or workgroup learning and development to encourage effective performance. It has been designed for managers.
Essential work skills
Managers attending this training program shall learn the following work skills:
- Develop performance-management processes
- Implement of performance-management processes
- Establish a performance-based workplace learning environment
- Coordinate individual and workgroup learning and development.
The duration of the standard training program is two days.
- Customisation is available.
- Assessment of competency is additional.
The skills and knowledge learnt at a training program must be applied in the workplace. Each participant shall receive an invitation to a coaching session, half day group session or a follow up visit in their workplace. The agenda for this session or visit may include advice about skills application in the workplace, skills assessment and coaching.
Competency standards alignment
Australia’s VET system provides a comprehensive framework for the development of work skills. This training program is aligned to:
- BSBHRM512 Develop and manage performance-management processes
- BSBLED501 Develop a workplace learning environment.
Combine this with other training programs that have been designed to support performance-based workforce development:
- Workforce development planning and budgeting
- Performance manager
- Workplace assessor
- Workplace trainer
- Apprentice supervisor
- Change agent
Do you need to improve performance in your workplace? Do you need assistance with your workforce development and training?