This training program develops the work skills and knowledge required to assess performance in the workplace; including planning, preparation and post-assessment activities. It has been designed for anyone with the responsibility for assessing the performance of an individual.
Essential work skills
Participants attending this training program shall learn the following work skills:
- Determine the assessment approach
- Prepare the assessment plan
- Develop assessment tools
- Prepare for the assessment
- Gather performance evidence
- Make the assessment decision
- Record and report the assessment decision
- Review the assessment process.
The duration of the standard training program is three days.
- Customisation is available.
- Assessment of competency is additional.
The skills and knowledge learnt at a training program must be applied in the workplace. Each participant shall receive an invitation to a coaching session, half day group session or a follow up visit in their workplace. The agenda for this session or visit may include advice about skills application in the workplace, skills assessment and coaching.
Competency standards alignment
Australia’s VET system provides a comprehensive framework for the development of work skills. This training program is aligned to:
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence.
Combine this with other training programs that have been designed to support performance-based workforce development:
- Workforce development planning and budgeting
- Performance manager
- Workplace assessor
- Workplace trainer
- Apprentice supervisor
- Change agent
Do you need to improve performance in your workplace? Do you need assistance with your workforce development and training?