This training program develops the work skills and knowledge required to determine individual and team development needs, and to facilitate the development of the workgroup.
It has been designed for managers, team leaders, workplace supervisors or anyone with the responsibility for delivering training in the workplace.
Essential work skills
Participants attending this training program shall learn the following work skills:
- Determine skills development and training needs
- Plan, prepare and organise workplace training
- Deliver training in the workplace
- Monitor and evaluate workplace training.
The duration of the standard training program is two days.
- Customisation is available.
- Assessment of competency is additional.
The skills and knowledge learnt at a training program must be applied in the workplace. Each participant shall receive an invitation to a coaching session, half day group session or a follow up visit in their workplace. The agenda for this session or visit may include advice about skills application in the workplace, skills assessment and coaching.
Competency standards alignment
Australia’s VET system provides a comprehensive framework for the development of work skills. This training program is aligned to:
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction.
Combine this with other training programs that have been designed to support performance-based workforce development:
- Workforce development planning and budgeting
- Performance manager
- Workplace assessor
- Workplace trainer
- Apprentice supervisor
- Change agent
Do you need to improve performance in your workplace? Do you need assistance with your workforce development and training?