Training Packages are a key feature of Australia’s VET system.
The Standards for Training Packages ensure training packages are of high quality and meet the workforce development needs of industry, enterprises and individuals. The Standards apply to the design and development of training packages for endorsement consideration by the Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC). 
Note: On the 1st of January 2023, the endorsement authority shall be taken over by the Australian Skills Quality Authority.
This article covers:
- What are the endorsed components of Training Packages?
- What are the non-endorsed components of Training Packages?
- What are the reputable sources of information about Training Packages?
- Who can help if you are struggling with your TAE40116 studies?
There are four (4) endorsed components of a Training Package:
- Units of Competency
- Assessment Requirements
- Credit Arrangements.
The Standards for Training Packages gives the following information about each endorsed component. 
Units of Competency
- Units of competency specify the standards of performance required in the workplace.
- The structure of units of competency complies with the unit of competency template.
- Assessment requirements specify the evidence and required conditions for assessment.
- Every unit of competency has associated assessment requirements. The structure of assessment requirements complies with the assessment requirements template.
- Qualifications comply with the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) specification for that qualification type.
- The structure of the information for the AQF qualification complies with the qualification template.
- Credit arrangements existing between Training Package qualifications and Higher Education qualifications are listed in a format that complies with the credit arrangements template.
Accessing the endorsed components of a Training Package
The endorsed components of a Training package are freely available from the National VET Register (training.gov.au).
The Training Package developer must produce a Training Package Implementation Guide. This document is a compulsory non-endorsed companion volume to the Training Package.
The Training Package developer may produce other companion volumes to meet the needs of their stakeholders as required.
Companion volume are freely available from the VETNet website.
The following are reputable sources of information about Training Packages:
 https://www.employment.gov.au/training-packages accessed 28 August 2019
 https://docs.employment.gov.au/documents/standards-training-packages accessed 28 August 2019
 https://training.gov.au/Home/Tga accessed 28 August 2019
 https://vetnet.education.gov.au/Pages/TrainingPackages.aspx accessed 28 August 2019
Do you need help with your TAE studies?
Are you a doing the TAE40116 or TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and are you struggling with your studies? Do you want help with your TAE40116 or TAE40122 studies?
Ring Alan Maguire on 0493 065 396 to discuss.
Training trainers since 1986