Microsoft’s PowerPoint was released in 1987. Over the past 35 years there has been several updates, and with each update there has been new features added and improved functionality.
There is an estimated 500 million users worldwide, and 35 million PowerPoint presentations are given each day.  Some PowerPoint presentations are good, and some are dreadful.
PowerPoint is a software application that has endured. It is a powerful tool with many features that many people will never use. However, I think it is beneficial for us to know the basic features in depth. It will save you a lot of time if you can quickly create simple but effective PowerPoint slides.
On Target Work Skills is proud to have developed a learning program about how to create powerful PowerPoint presentations. This program consists of:
- 2-hour training session
- Assessment tasks (optional).
This program is being delivered as a microcredential with the following characteristics specified by Australia’s recently release National Microcredentials Framework:
- The learning outcomes for the microcredential must be clearly stated
- A microcredential requires assessment that provides evidence that learning outcomes have been achieved
- Microcredentials must have a volume of learning that is at least one hour
- Microcredentials may certify the attainment of skills, knowledge, and competencies.
The learning outcomes for this program are:
- Document a PowerPoint style guide
- Create PowerPoint slides that are simple and effective, and adhere to the PowerPoint style guide.
Key content points
The key content for this learning program are:
- Design principles
- Visual impact
- Visual style
- Colour theme
- Guides and gridlines
- Insert photos and icons
- Re-size, rotate handles, and cropping
- Insert tables, charts, and SmartArt Graphs
- Simple animation
- Don’t breach copyright
- 6 x 6 rule
- 10, 20, 30 rule.
Do you want to preview some of the PowerPoint slides you will see at the training session?
Assessment is optional. You may complete and submit the following practical assessment tasks:
- Document a PowerPoint style guide with the following elements:
- Slide layout
- Font type and size
- Colour palette
- Create a PowerPoint presentation with the following attributes:
- Adheres to the PowerPoint style guide
- Develop presentation in accordance with the 10, 20, 30 rule
- Each slide to be balanced and uncluttered
- No typos, spelling or grammatical errors
- Uses icons
- Includes at least one photo
- Does not breach copyright
- Includes at least one SmartArt Graphic
- Includes simple animation
- Includes version control.
If you are assessed as having attained the learning outcome, then you will receive a ‘Certificate of Attainment’.
If you decide not to be assessed, you will be issued with a ‘Certificate of Attendance’ that still can be valid evidence of participation in structured professional development.
Thursday 12th of May 2022, starting at 10:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time
You can attend from your workplace or home because the training session will be delivered via Zoom. The connection to Zoom is quick, and using Zoom is easy. Instructions about joining Zoom will be provided when your training enrolment is confirmed.
The training fee is $95, and this is to be paid at the time of your enrolment.
There is no additional cost for the assessment.
Additional tutoring or consulting to your organisation about creating simple and effective PowerPoint presentations is available, but this would incur an additional cost.
This training requires you to have had some previous experience at creating PowerPoint slides. You will need the following basic PowerPoint skills:
- Start the PowerPoint application
- Open a new blank presentation or existing file
- View slide master
- Add new slides to the presentation
- Change font type and size
- Insert shapes
- Re-colour and re-size shapes
- Copy, paste, and undo
- Save file and shutdown the PowerPoint application.
Pre-entry tutoring to help a novice learn these basics is available, but this would incur an additional cost.
Enrolment is essential.
Please call Alan Maguire on 0493 065 396 to reserve your place.
Training trainers since 1986