Most TAFE teachers, trainers and assessors working for an RTO learnt about designing competency-based assessment when they studied for their TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification . But designing a competency-based assessment for real is often very different to learning about it at a TAE training course.
On Target Work Skills is delivering a training webinar that provides a simple and practical approach to designing competency-based assessment. The aim is to improve capability for new and experienced VET practitioners.
The training objectives are:
- Identify compliance requirements relating to the development of competency-based assessment
- Describe a 7-step process for developing competency-based assessment
- Determine the volume of performance evidence
- Decide the number of assessment tasks
- Check that the entire competency standard is planned to be assessed.
Key content points
The key content for this training are:
- Compliance requirements (as per the Standards for RTOs 2015)
- Definition of assessment
- Principles of assessment and rules of evidence
- Assessment Requirements
- Knowledge evidence
- Performance evidence
- Assessment conditions
- Sequence and structure of assessment tasks
- Assessment methods
- Assessment matrix
- Assessment tools
- Assessment instruments
- Assessment instructions
- Review and trial of the assessment tool before implementation
- Nine golden rules when developing as assessment tool.
3 hours (with two short breaks provided during the training session)
The next training dates are:
Tuesday 7th of June 2022, starting at 1:00pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Thursday 9th of June 2022, starting at 9:00am (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
You can attend from your workplace or home because the training webinar will be delivered via Zoom. The connection to Zoom is quick, and using Zoom is easy. Instructions about joining Zoom will be provided when your training enrolment is confirmed.
The training fee is $285.
Additional consulting to your organisation about improving the design of competency-based training is available, but this would incur an additional cost.
You may also be interested in other training webinars delivered by On Target Work Skills:
Enrolment is essential.
Please call Alan Maguire on 0493 065 396 to reserve your place.
Training trainers since 1986