The draft TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification and associated draft TAE units of competency have been released. There are six core units of competency:
- TAEASS412 Assess competence
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment moderation and validation
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate accredited vocational training
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products for accredited vocational training and assessment
- TAEDES412 Design and develop plans for accredited vocational training
- TAEPDD401 Work effectively in vocational education and training.
The above list is in alphabetical order for the unit codes.
About this article
This article focuses on the TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products for accredited vocational training and assessment unit of competency.
This unit has four elements:
- Select nationally recognised training products
- Select and use qualifications
- Select and use skill sets
- Select and use units of competency.
Assessment requirements for the TAEDES411 unit
An assessment task will be required to gather the specified Knowledge Evidence. A TAE Student must demonstrate they have the following knowledge:
- VET regulatory requirements for using nationally recognised training products
- RTO procedures relating to selecting and using nationally recognised training products
- VET sector structure and roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders
- VET teacher, trainer and assessor roles and responsibilities
- Function of nationally recognised training products as benchmarks in a competency-based VET system
- Purpose and use of the National Register of VET, including identifying changes to nationally recognised training products
- Structure and overarching content and levels of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
- Purpose, structure and contents of accredited courses, and endorsed training package qualifications, skill sets and units of competency
- Purpose and key content of training package Companion Volume Implementation Guides
- Methodology relating to analysing and using units of competency and their associated assessment requirements to meet the needs of employers and learners
- Requirements relating to customising training and assessment resources and strategies.
I have re-structured the performance criteria to create the following assessment task with 4-part. It gives greater clarity to the TAE Student about what they need to do.
Copyright (c) On Target Work Skills 2022
Do you need help with your TAE studies?
Are you a doing the TAE40116 or TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, and are you struggling with your studies? Do you want help with your TAE40116 or TAE40122 studies?
Ring Alan Maguire on 0493 065 396 to discuss.
Training trainers since 1986